Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our Little Love Around the World


We have had an eventful week. The mailman rang the doorbell Monday morning at 11:30, and he probably thought what is wrong with this crazy lady. I knew it was our translated documents arriving from Taiwan. I was so excited and surprises to have them so quickly that I just couldn't contain my excitement. As soon as I got them, I hopped in the shower and to Little Rock I went. I went with the intention of getting everything certified by the Secretary of State's office and then mailed off to TECO. Well, I should have known that it wouldn't go so smoothly because that is the way I wanted it to go. I get to David's office and pull out all of the paperwork and realize after talking to one of the sweet friends I have made through this adoption that I will need copies of our passports to mail to TECO. Then I look a bit further at everything and see that I also need a true certified copy of our marriage license. I needed to go to his office anyways because there were some documents that we had to sign and have notarized by someone at his office. Then I sat and made copies of all of our documents. I was told we had to mail a photocopy of all our documents to send with the original to send to TECO. Well after getting all that done, I was told by another friend that they are to be copies with the certification. I was pretty discouraged by this point. And I was so confused the more I looked at the instructions that Holly and Trena sent us. It made more sense the first time I read it, but then you read it and reread it because you don't want there to be any problems with anything that be the cause for a delay in this process. So, I make my way back to Benton and head to the county clerks office to obtain a copy of our marriage licence. Then I get everything all organized, stapled, and ready for David to finish up on Tuesday. Mind you I had to work Monday night, so I was dead by the time I got home Tuesday morning because there was no time of rest. I would have never been able to nap knowing that I had those papers and have them just sitting in my house.
So, David headed to the Secretary of State's office yesterday morning to get everything certified. He gets all of that done, heads to his office and makes the million copies of all the paperwork. He calls the TECO office to confirm the amount needed for the cashiers check for the authentication. Apparently whoever he spoke with misunderstood him, because he was told to send a check for more than $400. I knew when he told me the amount it was wrong. So, I called TECO yesterday afternoon when I woke up and tried to tell the lady she would be receiving our papers today and she would also receive a check for the wrong amount. She told me she would call me today when she received it. When David called they thought he was wanting some of the documents translated, as far as we can tell. I spoke with the woman today and she said the counsel would look at everything tomorrow and for me not to worry they would get a refund check to me. Whew!! So, I pray when they call me tomorrow it will be to tell me everything is back on its way to me and no glitches.
I woke up after lunch today, and I have slept like a rock yesterday and this morning, and had an update from Holly and Trena. They took Leia's birth mom to a ministry in Taipei on Monday to visit. At first they weren't sure of the place, but after meeting the faithful women there they decided that it would be a good place for her. One of the woman would like for Leia's birth mom to live with her for a while instead of at the ministry. Amazing, people do have love for others in times of distress and need. As of now, the plan is to take Leia's birth mom to Taipei on Monday or Tuesday to the ministry. Leia was moved to stay with another foster family on Sunday. The family she was staying with had to return to work. Holly said the family she is staying with now called her last night and said they are enjoying her "ALOT." They are only having to get up once during the night. Hopefully when she returns to the House of Hope we will get a few more pictures to share, but not complaining. It looks like Holly took her bottle to get these pictures, because she has a milk mouth. Isn't she the cutest thing ever. Olivia has fallen in love with her from around the world. I printed the new pictures and Olivia took them to church to show everyone. She is so proud. Logan just keeps telling me, "She is not here yet." And boy does Mamma ever know this.
Please continue to pray for us as we keep trucking through this process. I need help thinking of more fundraiser ideas and if there is anyone who would like to host a yard sale for us we would be so grateful. I have a few things that I am getting ready to ebay and have started making some baby hats that I am going to try and sale. I am not as efficient as Belinda, so we will see if it will be worth my time. But, I do enjoy making them so much. Fun to see products made from your own hands.
Please pray for all the families waiting for referrals, waiting for court dates, waiting to travel, just plain waiting. WE all need God's strength and guidance.

No comments :