Friday, January 22, 2010

Group Shot


Leia is to the far left with her buddy Maren

Leia is to left with her buddy Maren and Jake

Yesterday I sent an email to Jenna, a volunteer from Canada that is doing missionary work with Holy and Trena. She is the one who will be sending us updates about Leia. I emailed her and introduced ourselves to her and invited her to follow us on our blog. She sent me an email this morning and said that she did not have our email address prior to that and was not prepared with what is usually the content of updates regarding Leia. She sent a couple of pictures. Leia now weighs 9.79lbs, gets up once to twice per night, loves her bottle and paci, and seems to be very easy going.
We also received an email from Holly and Trena. They did receive all of our papaerwork, but had lots of paperwork to complete on their end once they received our paperwork before they can file for a court date. They plan to, Lord-willing, file for a court date on Tuesday. The verse of the day listed on my blog is Matthew 7:7-8. It is very timely for what I am feeling right now. So, please pray with us for a speedy process to go get our baby girl. I was doing well at first, but the more pictures I see, the more she has changed. She is 5 weeks old already and we have not even begun the real waiting process that is totally not in our control. I go to work and there are people who waited 10 or less months for a baby, some not even wanting that baby. And we have waited over a year and she is still not in my arms. It makes me very sad. People all around me are pregnant, and with each day it becomes harder for me. Logan even tells me we need to bring her home because she is all by herself somewhere. He doesn't understand that she is being taken care of, because everyone he knows that helps take care of him doesn't have Leia. Hopefully there will be more pictures soon, but for today Group shots it is, and I am happy it's a group shot instead of no shot.

No comments :