Friday, January 8, 2010

And It begins

So, yesterday was a very trying day. I really don't have the time nor the energy to detail everything that occured the past two days with our documents. Bottom line is the Houston TECO offices acts as if they have never authenticated documents for an adoption. They have charged me double what I should have had to pay. And there is no one our there at any other office that can help me. I spoke with Holly last night and she eased my concerns. She told me that the judges in Taiwan will accept anything from TECO as long as there is a stamp on it. They only look for the stamp and could probably care less about the actual document. So, I wasted an entire day yesterday on the phone with these people and shed a waterfall of tears from shear frustration. It is so difficult to communicate with foreigners who want to interupt every other word out of your mouth. They might understand what I was saying if they would stop and listen, but that is not in their realm of thinking.
I have great friends and family who lent mahor support and advice yesterday. And I know they were sending prayers up, because everything is going to be okay. As usual, the worry was for nothing. We just spent twice as much getting them authenticated than everyone else I know, but it is worth it. I just want the papers so they can be on their merry way to Taiwan. I will receive the documents tomorrow and I will send them out tomorrow as soon as I receive them.
On another note...this morning was quite exciting. Our bathroom pipes froze. David left for work at 8:30 after being outside all morning long. Our crawlspace is insulated, but our bathroom pipes run right beside one of the vents and cold air was seeping through. He had to by some insulation to cover the vents and held a heater by the pipes til they thawed. We are not use to it being this cold. Wish we had the white stuff to go with it.
Christmas decorations are finally down and have made their way to the garage. Now they need to carry themselves to the attic. I plan on making the kids birthday invites today. Running so behind this year that they are going to be digital, posted on facebook, and sent by email. I think that will work. Then I have got to get started baking their cakes and put them in the freezer. Logan will be getting a Thomas the Train cake and Olivia has requested another princess cake. I have found some really cute ideas.
David informed me that we have date night tonight, part of my birthday. I'm excited but have no idea what i want to do. I do know where I want to eat...Cantina Laredo. If you have not eaten there you should try it. It is delightful. Well, I need to be off accomplishing things rather than piddling. Everyone stay warm and have a blessed day.
By the way, one of our dear friends, Gina, received their first decree for baby Mylee and should be traveling in the next 2-3 weeks Lord Willing. They have had a long road that is hopefully behind them. Please remember them in your prayers.

No comments :