Friday, January 29, 2010

Homebound











Ice storms are not as much fun when you are a nurse and have to be at work and calling in is not an option. I worked last night but was able to get home this morning, just had to drive really slow. So glad I am stuck at home and not at the hospital. I came home this morning slept, then got up and cleaned bathrooms, baked cookies, made homemade pizza, and everyone bathed. And sleeping.....Quiet as a mouse here.
The kids helped with the pizzas. They had a blast and they were quite yummy too. Here are a few pictures of our ice storm.
We were supposed to have our couples study at our house tonight. We will have to reschedule again. I don't think anyone could make it down our street. The mailman parked on the other street and walked through all the yards to deliver our mail. I felt so sorry for him in this freezing weather.
The kids are itching to go outside and play. I prayed with them that it will snow tonight as well. We have had dutings but nothing to play in. We are iced in, not snowed in. Ice is no fun for little ones to play in. Maybe tomorrow....
I was at work this morning and saw my phone blinking with a new message. It was an update from Jenna, a missionary helping at the House of Hope for several months. She said Leia is an eater. She is still about 9.5lbs and is drinking 4oz at a time. That is a ton. Overindulging. She seems to be doing well and is healthy. She is changing so much. Our papers are filed and we just sit and wait. At this point there is nothing anyone can do to make this process any faster, except pray that God will be with us every step of the way and to take whatever glitches may come. We love her so much. I cannot wait to get my hands on her. It is like when Logan was in the NICU, I couldn't hold him even though I had just given birth to him. It is the same with Leia.
Please remember and pray for all the families who are waiting to travel and who are waiting for referrals. Holly and Trena and all the staff at the House of Hope need our continual prayer that they will have the guidance that they need to help all these moms and babies out there. They are trying to see the path that God is directing them with the registration process, but sometimes things are so hard to see, and we don't know what we are supposed to do. Are we doing this because we think this is God's will, or are we making something happen and thinking it is God's will. I think that is a struggle for so many. Prayer, Faith, and His unfailing Word will guide us.
I have talked with Laura, one of the moms that has just returned with her daughter. She told me that the House of Hope needs light blankets, light weight sleepers, little baby hats, and a few other things. I am working on a post next week that hopefully will have some more specific things, as I have also emailed Jenna and have asked her to send me a list of items needed. My thought is, His Hands struggles ever month to make ends meet that maybe some everyday necessities that I can bring or purchase for them will lighten the burden a little. More to come on this.
I also posted a Fundraiser Challenge on the His Hands Facebook wall. Please, donate $5.00 or more to the cause if you can. If you can run through Sonic or rent a few movies then you can help care for the orphans and these mothers who have chosen to give birth instead of kill their unborn child. More to come on Fundraisers for His Hands. Several of us adopting through His Hands are working on different things.
Everyone have a family, fun-filled weekend...and be careful and stay warm.

No comments :