Thursday, August 27, 2009

Smoothies
















So, we had smoothies today after lunch. We needed to finish off the homemade ice cream that was in the freezer, some strawberries that were seeing their last day, and some bananas, some even sent to the freezer. The kids loved them, as you can tell from the pictures. Carson, as usual, finished his up before everyone else and was grunting for more.
One of these days I hoped to get all these pictures digitally scrapbooked. It will happen. I get a few pages done every once in a while. I need a full week by myself to make a dent in all the pictures I have.
So, we went to the library Tuesday afternoon and checked some new movies out. I think Olivia is obsessed with Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles. Who would have thought? I mean, I liked it as a child too, but that is all she wants to watch. She has watched it over and over. And, of coarse, Logan has no interest in it. Carson will watch whatever is playing.
Our early morning baby escape stopped this morning, because momma got smarter than the baby. He tried, but was unsuccessful. I out a dining room chair up against the opening, tied it with bakers towels, then stuffed the little hole that he was sliding in with stuffed animals and blankets. IT WORKED! He couldn't get out.
Adoption Update
We are still waiting for our referral. We are planning our fundraiser garage sale for September 26, so if you would like to donate something for the sale we would appreciate it so much. I have called all three Sonics in our local area and have asked if they would be willing to donate fundraiser coupon cards. I am waiting to hear back from their general managers. Hopefully they will. They did for our last adoption, and it was a successful fundraiser. We are wanting to have a fundraiser car wash as well. For you locals, I have asked Dr. Rosnermanz if I can have it in his office parking lot. Mr. Ferguson owns that. I called him today, and he asked me to call him next Tuesday after he receives this month's water bill. He allowed two different organizations to hold two last month, and that it usually raises the bill around 100.00 per car wash. Hopefully, he will allow us to have one. If not, I guess we will not have one. I don't know of another area that gets a lot of traffic where I know any of the lot owners. So, we shall see. So far, we have had several items donated from friends at church. Hopefully the sale will bring in some money. If anyone has any ideas for any other fundraisers please let me know. I thought about baking fresh homemade cinnamon rolls for the garage sale as well. We will see. His Hands is now outnumbered with boys, 4 boys to 3 girls. Maybe they will be getting some little girls soon. I pray for our referral, but then think how if I get a referral then there is a mother losing something wonderful, even if it is the best choice she can make. Something to ponder, as with anything in this life. Always some sadness somewhere. But one day there will be NO TEARS.







No comments :