Sunday, August 23, 2009

Monkeying Around

Busy, Busy week. I worked three nights this week......sigh. I was on-call. Will be nice when I get my paycheck; much needed for our adoption. Hopefully it will be enough to pay for our documents to be translated. I don't know how moms with children work full time or work during the day away from the kids. Needless to say, it has been a rough and different week around here.
Saturday the kids got their early birthday present from their grandparents. My parents and David's parents went in together for all of them, and bought them a playhouse/swingset. They are super excited. Their birthdays aren't until this winter, but thought they could be playing with their gift now instead of waiting til their actual birthday and it being too cold.
Pappaw and Mammaw actually went and picked it up. I think the thing must have a thousand parts, or more. The instructions said it would take 6-12 hours to assemble, depending on experience. Right now we are up to about 5.5hours, and we are more than halfway done. the kids keep asking when is it going to be done. Hopefully by next weekend.
The kids ran around outside and played with the boxes and pieces of scrap wood from Olivia's bed, that David is currently building. They had a blast. After dinner last night Olivia was begging her Daddy to let her help him with her swing set. So, he gave her a wrench, and told her to hand it to him when he asked. Well, the little girly girl in her thought it would be a beautiful ring. Apparently her middle finger is latger than a half inch in diameter. She put the wrench on there, and guess what, STUCK! Daddy and Pappaw tried to get it off. By the time she came into the house her finger was swollen. I tried to get it off with butter, pure soap, and then running it under cold water. By this point it wouldn't even turn at all. She was in hysterics, and her finger was a very pretty dark purple. So, out came the ice pack, and Mammaw and I headed to the ER. As soon as the triage nurse saw the color of her finger, we went straight back to a room, and I must say they were very busy. Fastest service I have ever seen in the ER. So, there is some truth that they treat the most severe cases first, not who came in first...lol. A female nurse looked at it with utter shock, she asked a male nurse to come to the room. He grabbed some KY-Jelly and shimmied it right off. I was shocked. I mean a $100.00 copay, and he did something I could have done at home, and he felt terrible that I was going to have to pay. he tried to get around us having to pay, but no luck. He said the ice had done wonders and had helped with the swelling. But really, I am a mom, I wasn't going to look at an eggplant purple finger for long. Only so long before that can turn into some damage. After the wrench was removed Olivia said she needed to use the restroom, I was walking with her to the bathroom andshe tells me, "Momma, i can't walk that fast. You are going to have to slow down because my finger is really swollen." Legs, finger, what??? All Linda and I could do was laugh; she was milking it.
So that was our story of the weekend. More to come this week, I am sure.

No comments :