Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And at the end of the day....Bedtime Snacks

Oops I think we dropped something, do you see it??

Logan, Carson, and Olivia
(and yes that is Carson's pose for the camera)
Everyone can't seem to get the smiles coordinated..lol.

The kids were at Linda's house today and went ahead and napped there, so I could get groceries. Yeah, like 2 hours of sleep for me, then the chores started. It was nice to eat lunch with my mom without the kids calling for "Mama" or "Nana" every other second...which really happens you know. So, tonight when we were getting baths I asked Olivia what she did at Mammaws's house this morning and she proceeds to tell me that she was a really good girl and she was the only one not to get in trouble. She emphasized it so much, I think I may need to investigate that further with Mammaw. She then dramatically explained that this morning she was very hungry and, "I just didn't know what was wrong with me Mama, I thought I was going to have a meltdown (yes she said meltdown), and then I realized I needed something to eat. Apparently Mammaw fixed the hunger problem and she didn't end up having a meltdown. I asked her what she ate for lunch, and she started laughing as she began replaying their lunch menu. Mammaw, she said, "Mammaw made us grilled cheese sandwiches, but I think she forgot how you are supposed to make them, because they had turkey in them. I had to eat mine really fast because I didn't really like it, but Carson and Logan didn't notice they were done wrong." I was about in tears over her real life problems of the day.
Logan is finally starting to understand potty training. We are now performing both the arts in the potty and having fewer accidents, thankfully mostly wet ones. The M&M rewards are increasing around here. Mammaw got a new washing machine today and Logan was all excited to watch "the worker men," as he called them. When we were leaving her house, he screamed at the men from the care, "Bye work Man!" Meal times are still horrible around our house. Logan does not seem to think we need to eat anything but gold fish and yogurt. What to do.........
Carson has decided in the last week or so that he isn't going to go to bed when he is supposed to or take a nap for very long or at all. I think he finally learned last night that you can cry all you want, but the bed you will stay. Not a peep out of him tonight. On the contrary from Logan, as you can notice from pictures, he will eat anything and everything. And I think has made it an art and hobby to eat. At least there is one person that will be easy to please in this family...
To all who have been asking, we have not heard anything about our adoption. Holly, Trena, and their families have made it all back to Taiwan. If you have never looked at their website, please do so, and read all the newsletters and watch the videos. They are so inspiring. We cannot wait to meet them all in person. They are such amazing people. The website is www.hishandstaiwan.org. Please keep us, Jason and Katrina Clayton, and all the others who are in the process of adoptions in your prayers.











No comments :