Monday, July 30, 2012

Photo Me

This child loves the camera.  I was getting my camera out the other day to charge the battery, and she kept telling me, "Photo Me, Photo Me.  Take "pikure" of me."  Who could resist that cuteness?  Don't let the innocent pictures fool you...she can be a 2 1/2 year old Sassafras for sure.  Diligently working on that 2 year old defiance.


She was the only one willing to take part in the little photo shoot Friday morning.  Everyone else just looked at me kind of funny when I asked if they wanted their picture taken too.


We started school this morning, and I think it is a typical 1st day of school kind of day.  You know just getting everyone into the habit of school, sitting still, not talking, not paying attention.  Just the typical.  I think we will be smooth rolling into a routine pretty soon....aside from the loud 2 year old distracting everyone.


We are starting Carson and Logan together for Kindergarten.  Carson excited, and well, Logan just thinks school "stinks."  He did good this morning though.  They are napping (yay...peace for this Mommy) and have about 20 more minutes of stuff to finish up and they will be done for the day.  They worked hard this morning to get everything all done.


Olivia is still working hard at her studies.  Poor girl, big change from 1st grade to 2nd grade.  She has 9 subjects this year.  She is being a good diligent worker today though, and only has 3 subjects left, and a few homework assignments.  Funny to say homework, I guess I should rename them as "On You Own" sheets and "Show Them To Me Tomorrow."


And, Leia, she has the attention span of a 2 1/2 year old.  She sits with the boys for about 3 minutes, then she wants to do school and color, then she leaves and goes and plays outside for about 5 minutes, and the cycle continues.  

The work here is going well.  David has several people that he has studies going with.  So many people are only able to study on Saturdays and a few in the evenings.  They usually have one day off during the week or an afternoon.  Hopefully we will be owners of a car soon and David can be in more places in a given day.  The buses and walking everywhere take enormous amounts of time and limit what you can get done in a day.    The car buying process here is tedious to say the least.  You have to close the deal with a lawyer. And it seems like you are paying everyone for something.  So, is the life in Costa Rica, everyone has to make ends meet here somehow.  Our taxi drivers are going to be sad that we might soon have our own transportation.  

Well, back to school I must go, grading papers, prepping for tomorrow, my own Spanish and Bible studies, laundry, and I guess I better come up with something for supper, my family might revolt and kick me out if I don't.   

No comments :