Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Guilty

I am probably more guilty than anyone when it comes to worrying.  I can say I have come a long way from where I used to be in this area, but still have so far to go.  I cannot honestly say I have left all my worries behind.  It is a daily struggle for me.  I am one of those who worries to the point of making myself physically ill.  Yes, I am one of those people who can accomplish a gut-wrenching stomach ache in no time.  Why?  I ask myself why I do this all of the time.

I tell myself that I can't help it, and in reality I cannot help whatever I am worrying about.  But, God gives us an out.  Philippians 4:6 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Francis Chan defines worry like this, "Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of whatever is happening in our lives."  That is what I am doing every time I worry.  Call worry what you want, but to me it is anything that is just taking way too much of my mind away.  I have, and still am, wasting so much time worrying.  I am wasting time thinking about something that I can't do anything about.  I could not even begin to list the things that I have spent hours stressing over, I mean in a course of three years I probably spent thousands of hours dwelling over our adoptions, adoptions finished up then it was moving to Costa Rica, and don't even forget all the day to day worry and stressing of life.

So, I tell myself daily, "DO NOT WORRY," because life should be less about ME and MORE about God.  "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" - 1 Corinthians 10:31.

In the past 12 years my "worrying" decreased, thanks to his 
constant reminder of "don't worry, be happy."
Yes, imagine the tune with it!

So much joy with No worries : )

So many lessons to learn from children.
Here is a kicker...
Liv tells me so often that she is so glad she is 
a kid and doesn't have to worry, she can just
enjoy playing.  Compliment for her to enjoy being
a child, but what a poor example I am being
and adult who worries.  Who wants to grow up
and do that??

Little Leia has no worries except worrying who
is going to carry her for the next 2 miles of walking.
Honestly, I think that is the only thing she is worried
about is those little legs getting too tired.

My man (on the left), who honestly lets it all go and lets God.

I pray I can be  more like My Man and "Let Go, and Let God."  I can't fix anything, only He can.  Because He can do anything.  He can heal the sick, part the waters, make man out of dust.  If He can do all these things, how do I dare doubt ever?  Because I worry, and when I worry I am doubting.  

Be my prayer partner and Let's pray together that there will be "less me and more God."  Let's give all our worries to Him.  I don't know about you, but I do not have time to worry.

2 comments :

Dale D said...

I find that by 'pressing toward the mark', by looking for the opportunities to serve Him, and by making plans to help others, the amount of time that I could involve in worrying is greatly diminished.

Unknown said...

Dale you are so right. Thank you.