Wednesday, August 1, 2012

For All Chocolate Lover's Out There

Who says chocolate isn't a hearty and nutritious breakfast?  I mean, they say chocolate is heart healthy and all.  Does it count that I used semi-sweet chocolate, it's kind of dark.  This is a no fail recipe and has been one of my family's favorites for years.  They are super yummy, super moist, perfect consistency, and they freeze great.
 


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 pkg devils food cake mix
1/2 C chocolate milk (I just use milk and then pour Hershey syrup in my mixing bowl)
1/3 C melted margarine 
8 oz sour cream
3 eggs
1 2/3 C of semi-sweet chocolate chips or however many you want

Preheat oven to 375.  Spray 24 muffin cups.  Throw all ingredients in mixer bowl.  Beat on low-med (speed 3 if you have a Kitchen Aid) for a minute of lil more until all mixed.  Divide into 24 cups and bake for 16-20 minutes.  Let set in muffin pan for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.  

Let me know how you like them because we love them.





And, after you have had such a hearty and healthy breakfast full of scrumptious chocolate then you are all ready to study.  And you if you need a sweet to get you through just lick the chocolate out of the corner of your lips while studying.  



This morning I got caught up in school with the older three and suddenly realized I had not heard a peep out of Leia.  That is very ABNORMAL!!  She is usually at my feet whining or distracting someone from their studies.  I went looking for her 2 different times this morning and found her playing so well by herself.




1 comment :

~Kristin~ said...

Kalina~ The muffins look delish.
Aww...school. So, what are you using this year? And how are the kids acclimating to school in Costa Rica?

We are getting ready to start.
I am feeling the "need."

XO