Monday, July 16, 2012

I'll Fly Away


 Logan has a knack for catching butterflies.

 The played with this butterfly
for a good 15-20 minutes.

While they were holding this butterfly, the song 
I'll Fly Away
just popped into my head.

1. 
Some glad morning when this life is o'er, 
I'll fly away; 
To a home on God's celestial shore, 
I'll fly away (I'll fly away). 

Chorus 
I'll fly away, Oh Glory 
I'll fly away; (in the morning) 
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by, 
I'll fly away (I'll fly away). 

2. 
When the shadows of this life have gone, 
I'll fly away; 
Like a bird from prison bars has flown, 
I'll fly away (I'll fly away) 

Chorus 

3. 
Just a few more weary days and then, 
I'll fly away; 
To a land where joy shall never end, 
I'll fly away (I'll fly away) 

Chorus 

The beautiful hope that is voiced in this song is what make the days worth living.  A follower and obedient servant of Christ has this amazing hope.  A hope that there is something greater, something better, and most amazing waiting for us.  There is a place that is eternally happy.  So many people live this life in such turmoil and despair and live their days without this hope?  How do they go on?  How do they endure the hard days when they have no one to turn to in prayer and cry out the fears and needs?  
There is nothing without our heavenly Father.  But, yet so many people live without every knowing who he is and the sacrifice His son made for us.  They don't know who the one is who gave us hope.  All they know is starvation, poverty, and desperate need without a glimmer of hope.  The Bible is a gift of knowledge for us all.  But there are some who have never heard the truth and who don't own Bibles.  They don't have the Word at their disposal.  So, we must tell them.  We MUST share the Gospel, because to not would selfish.  What a joy it would be for all to sing this song and KNOW what this hope is.


Adventures
On Friday we had a friend's daughter's friend come and stay the weekend with us (Did I just confuse you?).  A friend of mine had told me her daughter's friend was going to be in Costa Rica for a month in a Spanish study at the University.  So, we contacted each other, and she came Friday at lunch and stayed through the weekend with us.  The kids were so excited to have an overnight guest.  I know they wore her our with their constant chatter...and screaming.  She went with Liv and I to Wal-Mart Friday afternoon.  Wait, did I mention we found a WalMart that is closer than a 2 hour bus ride?  Yes, we found out about a new one.  How did I miss that when we flew into the airport?  You can see the sign from the main road in front of the airport.  

Note:  I would not have done this alone.  We headed out Friday after lunch, rode the San Jose bus to the airport. We attempted to get a taxi from airport to WalMart but the guy said it would take longer to ride in car than to just walk there.  So, we walked.  We crossed two interstate (well, as close to an interstate as you will get in Costa Rica) exit ramps, an on ramp, and the main highway to get to WalMart.  CRAZY!!  Olivia said, "If this is a game, then I am never playing this again."  But, boy was she excited when we walked through the WalMart doors and she saw a can of Dr Pepper.  I think I squeaked a little shrill when I saw the Diet Dr Pepper.  I have not had one in over 3 weeks!  They only have Coca Cola Light here.  I will say it is pretty good.  That Dr Pepper was $1 for 1 can.  Okay, okay, I will admit to spending money to buy a couple.  I mean I did just cross major traffic with Kamikaze drivers.

You may ask, why in the world did you need to go to WalMart by myself.  We were having company over for dinner.  i had ordered some meat and had already planned out what we were going to have.  Well, the meat came in and it was not near the amount I envisioned.  So, no big deal.  I thought I would have David pick some up in town on his way home.  David went to several supermarkets to look at meat, and when he says he isn't buying it then you KNOW it must have been bad REAL bad.  Not enough time to order more meat, so we headed to WalMart.  Plus I was on a mission to find some other items that I cannot find here in Atenas, one of them being green peas.  Who would have ever thought that Logan, my anti-veggie eater, would ask me if this place had green peas.  Check..we found some.  Haven't tried them yet, but we have some.  

I hated going to WalMart at home, but oh how I miss it now.  The tune "Don't know what you got til it's gone" 
comes to mind.  

 Took Hannah to the best Pizza Place in town.  Kids were 
a bit tired after walking 2 miles to town in the rain.  I think
I might have saved more money just paying for a taxi,
because I had to feed them more this way : )

He is just too cute for words.  His mom and dad own
the Pizza place, and he was there entertaining us 
while they worked Saturday night.

Leia and another new amigo.







No comments :