Friday, July 13, 2012

Mommy Time

School days are almost here for us.  The kids need structure and I need them to be doing something.  We are settling in and it is time for us to just get started.  I told them after Keith and everyone leave we are starting our new school year.  They are not enthused.  The other night I organized all of their stuff.  We are going to be busy.  I figured we would just get started and take little breaks throughout the year.

Yesterday afternoon Olivia went with David out to Altos de Naranjo to play with Myra's kids while he visited with Solbeta.  So, it was just me and the other three kiddos.  It was just Logan and I hanging out while the two little ones snoozed.  If you have ever been around Logan much you know that he needs a mission, an adult-guided mission.  So, I came up with a job for him.  He made napkins.  I am too cheap to buy paper napkins here and I don't want to waste an entire paper towel square for a napkin.  I would rather have imported cheddar cheese than perfectly square precut napkins : )



He wanted to watch Star Wars while he worked.  So, while I was putting his movie in, he went and gathered all of his Star Wars figurines so they could work with him.


He got just a little distracted from work.

He set them all up to supervise.

Logan helped me bake some peanut butter cookies.  Getting some goodies baked up to put in the efreezer for company this week and little treats to take when we go to see people.  It is customary here to always take something to someone's house when you go see them.


We were needing this "Mommy Time."

Nap time over.  Here come the other two, "Hungry.  I need a snack."

Kiwi for Leia.  Not sure what the fruit is called that
Carson is eating.  Will have to ask again and take
a better picture of it for you to see.






2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Is Carson eating a mamonchino?(Sp?)-Heather

Linda G said...

I love the custom of carrying something when you visit someone! Sweet acts of courtesy and hospitality seem to have gone by the wayside in this country.
I'm enjoying reading your blog and am keeping your family in my prayers.