Tuesday, June 18, 2013

King of the Day


Olivia thought Daddy needed a crown to celebrate his day.  A quick little search on Pinterest, and we were printing out a crown for to color and assemble.  She insisted Daddy had to wear it all day long, starting at 7:30 Sunday morning. 


They love surprises, although, I am convinced that it just is not completely possible with children to maintain complete surprises.  They just can't handle it, and leak information intentionally and unintentionally!!


The kids loved preparing for Daddy's Day.  They spent most of the day Saturday making all of their things for Daddy.  They each made a book for Daddy telling and illustrating everything they love to do with Daddy and what he loves to do with them.  Then they each had a page of questions about Daddy that they had to answer and I filled it out for them.  That one was super cute.  Leia said he is 3 years old and his favorite food is carrots and raisins!!  Ha!!! Maybe if he were on the brink of starvation.  

I don't think he was starving Sunday.  He had his all time favorite of homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Perfectly grilled burgers for lunch.  And finished off with homemade ice cream and cupcakes (not his favorite, but I had some left from another thing I was baking for, and I was crunched for time).  

{LOVE HIM!!!  I say he is a pretty hot KING!}

They could not sit down and eat their breakfast until Daddy had read and looked at all of their stuff they made.  They were loving him reading their sweet and funny words.  

 Her smile says volumes here, but I wish I had been able to capture her constant giggling that was just cute beyond words when Daddy was reading her book and all of her answers about Daddy.

Daddy's GIRLS

Cupcakes made by everyone and assembled by ALL!
They loved this part!
Anything that happens in the kitchen
they LOVE!!

Enjoying SWEETS with their SWEET Daddy.

This awesome Daddy spent his afternoon {4 hours} playing Legos.  Building and creating, not just toys, but deepening relationships with impressionable little ones.  And they LOVED it!!!



I don't know how I would do it without this man.  He is our rock.  He is my best friend.  Love him to the moon and back a million, gazillion orbits.  I can only pray that my girls find a man to marry just like their father.




No comments :