Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Celebrating Life

Many of you know where my passion lies in regards to the orphans in this world.  Once you are truly awakened by the complete and shattering brokenness of the orphan, your life really is never the same.

I have laid awake many a nights brainstorming for a "BIG" plan that would enable me to be a better voice for the orphan.  A plan that would make the most impact.  A plan that would help the most children.  A plan that would make the most difference.  In the end, all I can do is act.  I can act small, act big, act financially, act in prayer.  But the simple fact is I HAVE to do something, because doing nothing is not a voice for the orphans.  And God is pretty clear on the role, we as Christians, are to play in their lives.  Pretty simple, we are to be a part of their lives.  We are to care.  

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this:  to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." ~ James 1:27

And when I make my acts "pure and undefiled," I am blessed beyond measure.  I am blessed with cuteness like this, smiles that stay with you forever.  


I am so excited to be baking sweetness for these children for one of the local Children's Homes here in Atenas.  My art and creating in the kitchen to celebrate life = PERFECT for me.  I will keep you posted with their celebrations throughout the year.  This sweet boy turned 5 last week and celebrated Sunday.  I figured a 5 year old boy would love to dig into some butter cake, topped with chocolate buttercream, with some Oreo dirt, and construction signs.  

Right now I know so many people who are in the beginning, middle, and end of the adoption process, and starting the lifelong journey of loving those little ones.  There are so many, too many to list, THANK YOU LORD, but I ask that you pray for them, for anyone who is in this journey or thinking about entering this journey.  They need it.  That precious child needs it.  And, we, the parents need it.  

Everyday I am amazed at the blessings I have witnessed through adoption.  The webs that have been intermingled, friendships and lifelong bonds created, just bring me speechless.  I have been so blessed by this amazing thing called ADOPTION.  

A little over two years ago, an old childhood friend was in Chick Fil A in Little Rock and saw my mom.  She and my mom talked.  She told me her and her husband were thinking about adopting.  We exchanged many facebook messages.  She prayed for us throughout our adoption with Leia.  They soon started their journey to their Peruvian Princess.  And, she wrote a book.  WOW!!   She recorded their brokenness, their love, and the harsh reality of so many children in the world.  

{Picture used by Calley's permission}

If you are curious about adoption, what it does to your heart, and how it can turn it inside out and then be mended with a gift sent from the Lord, then read this book.  All proceeds go to the construction of The Jessica House in Iquitos, Peru.  You can purchase her book here.



No comments :