Sunday, September 2, 2012

Short and Sweet


Some have asked if I have fallen off the BlogWorld.  No, it just got pushed by the way side for a bit.  I am trying to get back in the groove.  My mom came and stayed for a week with us and left last Friday.  I think it was the shortest 7 1/2 days ever!  We had a count down going for a while, waiting, and counting the days til Nana and Scarlett came.  Yes, the kids now have their dog home with us.  The day came and then it was GONE.

She is always making banners, signs, posters, cards...
Would not have been a complete welcome
without her sign.

Patiently waiting.  We have been working on
Patience.  Everyday they asked, "How many more
days till Nana comes?  How many days till Mammaw
comes."  And their reply, "That's too many!"

He is also very excited that his dog will be here soon.

He is just a little happy!

Blurry, but this was the only shot I got.

We did what we would have done at home in the states, except more often.  We cooked, we ate, we played!  Mom hit Costa Rican soil running.  Making our trips to town has to count, so as soon as we picked her up we headed to the kids' favorite store PriceSmart (Sam's), and I am not even kidding about it being their favorite store.  We got groceries and then took the kids to Wendy's.  YAY!!!!  A dinner at Wendy's is like fine dining to us now.  Never thought I would be so excited to go out to eat at Wendy's.  My, oh my, how fast priorities can change.

Friday us girls went to the market for our weekly produce trip then headed back home to just hang out.  We cooked lots of yummies Friday afternoon and Saturday for our first potluck at church on Sunday.  Made lots of homemade sandwich buns, assembled sandwiches, created yummy little citrus cookies, and apple bars.  That is another post...such yummy recipes.

Leia and Nana enjoying Coconut Water from
the market.

Their is a vendor who has ice chests full
of iced down coconuts.  Not sure what is with
the green ones.  I have only seen them with brown 
coconuts once.  

And of coarse lots of playing with their dog.  They couldn't get enough of the cute little fuzz ball, and she was happy to see them too.  She had been staying with my mom for 3 months.  I think she has settled in just fine.

In case you can't tell, he loves her!
He carries her around like a rag doll
all day long.



Mom came, we stopped school, stopped blogging.  She left, school had to start back (sigh) and blogging well, I am super behind on everything I want to share.  I have been going for a couple months with only 3-4 hours of sleep every night and it is wearing.  Liv broke the other laptop and has to use mine during the day for school now.  So, by the time she is done with school in the evenings and I have a spare minute at night, I am pooped and my brained completely too fried to even begin making coherent sentences or maybe even fragmented thoughts.  

This past week was a blur trying to get back into our school routine, doctor appointments, lots of new friends over to the house this week, and the kids and I moving out of moping because Nana had to leave too soon.  I think we did pretty good.  My sweet hubby went straight from the airport to the nursery (it was a botanical garden oasis).  I took lots of pictures of that.  Will share soon.  So, the countdown has already started for Mammaw and Pappaw since they are next to visit.  Logan asks and when we tell him like 70 something days , his response is, "That's too many!!!"  






1 comment :

~Kristin~ said...

Love that you have your doggie back...my boys would be crushed if they lost theirs. So happy for your visit!
Working on our rhythm here, too.
The posts are really spreading out on my end as well.
XO