Friday, September 14, 2012

August 2012 Costa Rica Newsletter - by David

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Greetings from Costa Rica, the heavier rains have started here but the future is looking bright. As I write
this letter I am at a loss for words to describe the depth of my excitement about how the Lord is working here. I am happy to report that we Baptized seven new Christians this Saturday. These were all people that had been attending the church services for the last two months and we have spent countless hours in that time studying the word of God together. There is nothing sweeter than seeing these people that we care for so much obeying the Gospel and beginning their new life in service to the Lord. There are several more people that we have high hopes for also and Lord willing they will heed the call of the Lord soon. I believe that these new converts are going to be an integral part of the ongoing work of reaching the lost and making new contacts within the community.

I have also been having some very good studies every week with a man that lives close to us in Atenas.
He comes from a Catholic family but he told me that he has always had a blasé attitude about religion in the
past. He is from Nicaragua and he is here working as a guard of a bank owned house. He has been living
alone in this empty house for a year now and he cannot leave the house except for short trips to town for food.  This year of solitude combined with his inability to see his kids for two years has caused him to think a lot and reevaluate his life. I found out he could leave on Sundays so I asked him this last week if he would come to the church service with us. He agreed and I think he really enjoyed the fellowship and the chance to get out of that house. I feel good about the direction he is heading and I have an open invitation to come study with him any day of the week.

We are still looking for a new place for our worship services. The community building that I had hoped to
use is not going to be a reliable option. There are not many options that are in accessible locations there but
we have faith that the Lord will provide. All the families that have been meeting with us have had various kinds of financial struggles lately because of things that they cannot control. I don't know how these people survive on the money they make in a good month much less in bad months. We have helped them where we could and they don't ask us for help but I know from being in their homes that they are facing desperate times. I have encouraged all of them with the verses in Matthew 6:25-34 and they have taken that to heart. Please remember them in your prayers and if you can help please let us know.

I want to thank everyone again that has supported us and the work in Costa Rica. Your prayers and
support make you a part of the work here and we are so thankful for your love and generosity. The past month we were short by $1450.00 on budgeted expenses. We also had to spend $1900.00 on non budgeted expenses that were mostly medical costs when Kalina had to get an MRI and see a Neurologist because of complications caused by her Lupus.


If you would like to financially support this
work please send donations to this address:
6301 Walnut Cove
Benton AR, 72019

Dios les bendiga (God bless you all)
David Raboin

Apdo #112 - 4013
Alajuela, Atenas, Atenas
20501, Costa Rica
501-303-4488 (little rock phone number
that calls us on Skype - free for most people)
506-6078-8191 (Costa Rica cell phone)
raboindavid@hotmail.com

(This isn't the picture he had on the newsletter. 
He included a picture of one of the baptisms.
But since I had already shared those....
I thought I would share this one.)


No comments :