Friday, September 21, 2012

A Sweet Pick Me Up

The week with my mom was wonderful and terribly short.  We waited, we anticipated for weeks, a couple months to get to see her.  The time came, it was finally here, and then it seemed like in one breath it was gone.  There was this somber mood in the air when we took my mom to the airport, not much conversation...I am sure we were all thinking the same thing.  Thinking how much we are going to miss each other and how many days til the next time we see each other.  Even the kids were quiet!  Takes a lot to cause that to happen.

So, on the way home, my super sweet husband stopped off at one of the million nurseries in between our house and the airport.  I always say I would like to stop but we are always on our way somewhere and just have never had the time.  He had things to do, but on the way home he just pulled into the biggest one.  The one that is like a Botanical Garden by itself and free of charge for admittance.  It was the pick me up I needed that morning and my honey knew just what I needed.



This place is ACRES, ACRES, and ACRES!


The flowers and the amount of flowers were amazing.  Who knew flowers could look so good.  They make the ones you buy in the states look like they are wilting and dead.  The green leaves and stems are so much vibrant here.  AND CHEAP!!!  Yes, I fianlly found something that is CHEAPER HERE!!!  And, it just happens to be one of my favorite things.  David would have to remind me that just because it is cheaper doesn't mean you can buy more.  He had to spoil all the fun..lol.

Where do you start?  There are so many!

So many colors!  How would one ever choose?  You
mean I have to make a choice...I can't have one
of each.

These things are everywhere.  Are they not the coolest things?

If you know me very well, you know that I am a person who color coordinates everything.  I like symmetry and organization.  Well my flower beds and potted plants are no different.  I normally always go with a red and white theme all balanced out with short plants, tall plants, whispy plants.  NOT this time!!  I let the kids pick and choose, any flower, any color.  This time I wanted lots of color, lots of life to my flowers.  No more symmetry, no more color coordinated flower pots.  Change!  This is what life is all about right?  And it was so fun.  And it was even better because all these plants were like $1.25 and they were huge (all of them in 6" rounds).  I paid $10 at home for the same size Geranium.  Woohoo!!

Peek A Boo

They loved picking the flowers
and telling me what pots to put them in
and how to arrange them.  

This blooms little pink flowers that have a yellow trim.

And Leia has not lost her knack for
picking my flower petals off!!!

Smiles are contagious when you are feeling sad : )

I don't know what those little flowers are called.  They
don't have the nifty name tags like they do in the states.
But they look like miniature roses.  I just love them.

And the smiles keep coming.  Just a sweet pick me up from 
my little ones and my love.  The simple things....they are
what mean the most.


2 comments :

~Kristin~ said...

Gotta love those husbands!
I too, was like you...all matchy-matchy. And finally one day. The boys talked me into letting them pick. And I have to say. We had the most beautiful pots ever!
And now. We just do a big crazy mix every year!
I could spend the day at that nursery.
Happy Weekend!
XO

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel about your time spent with your mom. it always goes too quick. and the kids are always just as sad as we are when she goes.

kids and flowers go together. mine have done the picking and planting for a while ... makes everyone happy!

and yay! for good husbands ... we are so blessed.