Thursday, September 13, 2012

Send A Message


So, I have an idea.  Here goes...

We talk about (me, with my limited Spanish and much use of body language) our friends, our family, and others we know who are praying for the Lord's work to be done in Costa Rica and the people.  We tell them there are people who are praying specifically for them.  And they smile.



I want our new friends and Christians here to know who I am telling them about.  Connect a face with a name.  I want them to know you.  I want them to know and feel the love across borders.



We have three different families currently attending services with us and I would love to show them pictures of everyone who is praying for them.  I want them to know all the people who are praying for them.

I thought it would be awesome to show them pictures and give them photos with a little note from the person, maybe a word of encouragement, a scripture, or just something about yourself.    If you would like to do this, please send me an email (kalinaraboin@yahoo.com) with a picture of yourself or family attached and the note you would like to give them.  We will translate it into Spanish and attach the note with the printed picture and give it to them.

I know they would just love to know all of you guys too, and this was the idea that came to me.

Proverbs 25:25 "Like cold water to a thirsty soul, So is good news from a distant land."


3 comments :

heather said...

Kalina, could we know the names of the new converts? We can't tell who everyone is from the pictures you have posted. Tell Myra and family "hola" and " os queremos/amamos" (Which one do they use? )from us please! Thanks, Heather

Unknown said...

The seven people who were baptized were Jorge and Jessica (husband and wife), their three boys Jorge JR, Jared, and Daniel, and Xochi and Deybin. I did not post pictures of all because I didn't have pictures of all of them. Keith's pictures did not all turn out. Wil tell them Hello. They always ask abut you guys. Queremos is "we want" and amamos is "we love". If you were wanting to say "we love you (plural)", then they say "Amamos ustedes."

Unknown said...

A note to those who have already sent messages and pictures and who are planning on sending-

I am planning on having these printed, translated, and given to them in 2-3 weeks. It will depend on if I can find somehwere here in Atenas to print pictures or if I will have to do it in another town. I will let everyone know when their messages and pictures have been given and hopefully can snap some photos too to share with everyone.

Thanks!!