Monday, January 3, 2011

The Partying Is Still Not Over

So, Christmas has come and gone, and with that brings more birthdays in our house.  Logan's birthday was last Wednesday and Olivia's is tomorrow.  We had a combo birthday celebration for them on Saturday.  Last Wednesday Mammaw and I took the kids to Chik Fil A, Logan's choice for his day and today we did Olivia's birthday lunch, and she chose the same place.  It is the never ending party season around here.  And poor Carson just can't hardly understand why everyone else is getting more gifts and not him.  I think he is understanding a little more, but we broke down and gave him a little gift so he wouldn't feel totally left out.  That is kind of hard on a toddler to understand. 
We didn't have a kid party this year.  It was quiet, simple, and the kids still had a blast.  And, Mama slacked this year and did not make their cakes.  Hey, what can I say...I needed a break.  They had a blast going top Krogers last week and picking out (what I thought were their cheesy cakes) their cakes.  Logan chose "Cars" and Olivia chose "Barbie." 




LOGAN-
You are a boy always on a mission and sometimes, well a lot of the time, have to be redirected on a better one.  You keep Mama and Daddy on our toes pretty much all the time.  But I love you still, and as I always tell you, "I love you to the moon and back and more."  I cannot believe that 4 years ago I was sitting in a hospital trying to keep myself together because you were in the NICU.  I was doing fine until they told me I couldn't hold you and they even discouraged me from touching you.  I sat by your incubator, stared, prayed, and watch over you.  They finally gave in the next day and let me hold you.  You were so tiny.  I am so thankful your stay was short and you finally joined us at home 9 days later.  It was the longest 9 days.  You have your moments of pure innocent sweetness and the other times you are ALL BOY!!  But, we love you still.  God has given me 4 years to be your mother and I pray that I am given many more.  I love you!!










OLIVIA-
I look at you and wonder where has the time gone.  You have started school this year and are no longer that little baby girl.  It makes me so sad to see those years gone.  I am so thankful you are still as snuggly as you were when you were a baby, because I would be heartbroken if you weren't.  I love the times you randomlly come give me a hug and kiss.  I live on those moments.  You are an amazing big sister and so generous and thoughtful.  You are very much a Daddy's girl too.  You will be 6 tomorrow as much as I wish it weren't so.  You will always be my baby girl to me.  I love you so much and pray you have an amazing Christian life ahead of you.  When I look at pictures of you it sinks in that you are a girl now and not a baby; you are a beautiful little girl.  I pray God blesses me with many more years to be your mother.  I will love you for always, I will love you forever.









Happy Birthday!!!!!!




No comments :