Thursday, January 13, 2011

Costa Rica 2011

It seems like forever since I have talked about Costa Rica.  We still do not know what God has in store for us.  We just continue to daily pray for His guidance with what he wants for our lives.  To the present, our house has not sold and we have only had two couples look at it.  What does this mean? I think David and I ask ourselves this daily.  Does it mean we are to not go anywhere?  We both do not think that is the case, or why at the same time did David and I both come to the same conclusion that we were supposed to serve him in another country alongside the poor???  So, I am constantly reminding myself that is not why it has not sold.  Are we simply not ready for this life change event??  Good definitely be it!  Are we supposed to find some other destination?  Does God want us to be somewhere else other than Costa Rica?  I ask daily, and I still do not know these answers.  All I can do is pray and prepare myself for what He has in store for my life.  For those of you who personally know we....THIS IS SO DIFFICULT.  I like a plan.  I consider myself to be organized.  It is something I am constantly working through.  I want to paint the living room and dining room.  We have lived in this house 4 years and the kids have left some of their marks.  David says, "No, we are selling."  At this point my response is, "We are selling, It is not sold yet."  I say this thinking it may not sell for years and I don't want to put my life on hold.  Just FYI, the compromise if it hasn't sold by May, then I can paint.  A fresh coat of neutral paint can't hurt anyways.  I am earnestly trying.  I am trying to go on living.  I am constantly trying to live today and not think about tomorrow.  And, maybe, that is God's goal for me to live today and not try and live tomorrow before tomorrow even arrives. 
All that said....we are planning a trip to Costa Rica in May.  David has been watching flight prices for months.  He has checked every day from now til next January and the first 2 weeks of May are the cheapest time for us to go.  The rest of the year, the tickets are out of this world expensive...when you are taking 2 children along with you too.  We plan, Lord-willing, to purchase our tickets next week.  We are taking Olivia and Logan along with us this time, and my mother is planning on coming with us as well.  At this point, those are the only definite people I know are traveling with us.  Others are still discussing if they will be able to accompany us. 
I have been in contact with Kathia.  She has been down to the river where we helped and served to the poor there.  She told me last week that several have asked about all of us that were there and have even prayed that we may be able to return.  I loved hearing this.  I cannot wait to see those precious people again.  She and I are going to be in contact with one another until we travel coming up with projects for us to do while we are there.  She is so excited about us coming, and we are super excited about traveling there again.  We are so thankful to her and her husband Jason for all the help they have been to us.  We are hoping to stay in the Atenas area this time and not do near as much traveling as we did last time.  This should free our time so that we are able to accomplish so much more than we did last time.  And, last time was wonderful. 
I need your help.  We want to be able to serve and minister to the needs of even more people this time. There are several ways that you can help us.  You can visit Footprints of Charity and simply make a donation, you can purchase a cookbook or t-shirt from the Footprints of Charity Store, you can visit mine and my mother's store Making Footprints and purchase some our handmade jewelry.  I will be in contact with Kathia about the projects that we are going to be doing while we are there and will let you know if there are tangible items that you may donate as well.  It is harder for us to take these things, because the airlines charge you extra for more bags and they have to go through customs.  If anyone has anything they would like to donate to our yard sale that I will be having at the end of February or beginning of March just get in contact with me here.  If you are donating items for the yard sale, the money from the yard sale will be used for our expenses on the trip and not for our service in Costa Rica (just wanted anyone to know that).  If you have any other fundraising ideas or tips, please share.
I don't know what the future holds for us, but please pray for us and that God will show us the direction we are to go.

No comments :