Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I think most everyone is celebrating Valentine's Day this weekend.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend spending quality time with those that they love most.  When holidays come you often think about what they mean to you and what you do to celebrate with those you love.  For me, it is also a time when I think about those that don't have these special times to remember.  They don't have wonderful memories on any given day, much less a Valentine's Day.  They don't have anyone to love them.  They don't have anyone to hold them.  They are all alone in this world.  There is Jesus to comfort them, but most do not even know who Jesus is.  All we can do to help these orphaned children is keep making it One Less.  That is what we have to do.  We have to love them and hold them and tell them who Jesus is.

Anyone needing something quick and yummy to whip up for a party?  These cookies are the easiest thing to make...I promise.  I rarely make them because I could literally sit and eat them all.  I am not much on cookies or most sweets for that matter, but there is something simply blissful about these cookies.  I have tried every "from scratch" sugar cookie recipe and have yet to find one that is satisfying like these.  These are not a good recipe for sugar cookie cutouts, but are great for decorating. 

CAKE MIX SUGAR COOKIES
1 white cake mix
(do not use one that has pudding mix in it)
1/3 C oil
2eggs

 Mix all together
 Spoon onto greased cookie sheet, and
bake at 375 for 8-10min
 Let Cool
 Then DECORATE!!
I use store bought white frosting
(it is the best)
VALENTINE CUPCAKES
FOR MY SWEETIES!

No comments :