Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fundraisers and Facebook

For those who may not know, my mother and I have been working since the early fall on fundraising for our foreign mission trips and helping adoptive families fundraise (that one is a work in progress).  We just branched out with some really cool new items.  We started a facebook page and you can find it under Making Footprints and if you haven't checked out our website you can go here and scroll through all the older posts to see items that we have made and sold to our wonderful supporters.  We are raising all the funds to use while we are in Costa Rica in May.  We are wanting to purchases Spanish Bibles to take with us, and help "the least of these" that we may meet.  If you know anyone that is adopting and would like to fundraise with us let them know they can email me at makingfootprintswithlove@gmail.com.  We are also working on t-shirt designs and I am hoping we can get those designs out for all to view in about 3-4 weeks.  These will be an awesome fundraiser for adoptive families.  The more we can sell, the bigger profit to be made (costs less per shirt).  I have posted all of our new items on our facebook page, so take a look and see if there is anything you might need.  And keep checking back on facebook, because you don't want to miss the upcoming giveaway that we are getting ready to launch in the next couple of days. 


This is my FAVORITE piece!!!
I want it for myself, but will
have to wait til I can get some more made.

I named this piece "Love Is Not  A Color."  It represents the love that makes a family of all colors.  We will definitely be making some more similar to this. 

Another awesome fundraiser going on is The Adopt Shoppe.  You can find this shop on facebook as well and on etsy.  Kate's store name is The Adopt Shoppe on both sites.  Her family is raising money to adopt their 4th child from Taiwan.  They just brought Mia home this summer and are in the beginning of the process again.  An amazing family.  You can read all about them here.  Kate is getting ready to launch a new item for her store and is doing an amazing giveaway to 5 lucky people.  The giveaway will end on Friday, so you better head over to Facebook and LIKE The Adopt Shoppe. 

Click on the above image and it will go straight to The Adopt Shoppe Facebook page.

3 comments :

Vickie said...

I thought this particular necklace was awesome, too. I liked the brown/blue the best, I think.
Wonderful quality, too!

~Kristin~ said...

I am confused...hehe. But, where do I go to look at the items you are showing? I'm not on Facebook. ;o(

Unknown said...

Kristin- I will put them on my website today. The website is www.makingfootprints.org. I thought you could view things on facebook even if you aren't a part of it. I will try to do this before this evening. I worked last night so bearing functioning yet; ).