Monday, October 4, 2010

My Harvest is Overflowing












We spent the weekend in the ozark mountains with my family. It was soo wonderful just to be away from everything for a couple of nights. We wallked the creek, listened to the birds (singing while they migrated, Olivia informed me), read books, studied the Bible, kids running in every direction. Mom and I cooked a good ole Southern breakfast. Justin, Brittany, and Kaden joined us Friday night and Saturday afternoon. We had our annual fall family photos. It was incredible windy as the cold front moved through, but we captured some good ones. I will be editing this week and will post soon. Here are just a couple of candid shots.

I cannot even begin to put into words the amount of fun the kids had. Logan and Olivia went hunting with Papa. Logan was even telling Papa to be quiet. They ran, made stone soup, widdled sticks with Daddy, threw rocks, roamed the creek and fields, and so much more. They made memories that I hope they remember 20 years from now.

My harvest is my family. It has grown. I have sewn and am now reaping a beautiful family.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Can't wait to see pictures!