Monday, October 11, 2010

Psalm 119:105



Do we really let God's word light the paths of our lives or do we seek the guidance of men? God has all the answers, and he isn't hiding them from us. We have a book that is for us, made just for us. All we have to do is let it lead our lives and illuminate the path that we should take. There have been so many times in my life when I have not allowed God to guide my paths. I pray that I will be able to keep my focus clear and straight on the path that He has designed for me. I want His path, not mine. My path leads to nothing, but his path will lead to an everlasting life with him.
I know for me, I need someone here, in the present, to keep me accountable. I can recall so many times when I have called a friend, poured out my woes, only for her to answer with what God says. It puts my thoughts back into perspective and I am able to stop overanalyzing. Until I call that friend again, and she is there again to remind me of the path. Friends do that for each other. It is such a wonderful thing to have someone who can step in and say, "WEll...."
I believe that everyone has room to change and that everyone should change everyday. If you don't change then you aren't striving hard enough to be the Christian that we should be. A Christian is to be like Christ. And we will never be perfect like Christ, so there is always room for improvement on my part. I want to change. I do not want to be the same tomorrow as I am today. I want to be better tomorrow than I was today.

No comments :