Thursday, January 24, 2013

Resurfacing

I know, I know.....I have had people emailing me and asking where I have been.  Well, here's the short version.  We had company from November through the middle of December and then there were the holidays and lets just say I was super super sad during the holidays.  I know you are thinking, hey everyone visited you close to the holidays.  Well, it just wasn't the same.  I mean I have spent the past 29 years spending Christmas with my entire family, cooking the same things, and wonderful traditions.  Not only was that different but it is quite different when it is 85-90 degrees outside and you are used to snuggling by the fire under a blanket while watching marathon Hallmark Christmas movies.  It is just plain weird...even David thought so.  In addition to all that, I was becoming super distraught over the amount of dirt we were living in, the gecko poop in everything (and the geckos diving into my dinner plate and dropping from the ceiling onto my bathroom counter top...yes, these are real stories, not stories, real live truths.  Some may think I am crazy for even being concerned about dirt, but when you simply lay your child on the bed and a huge dirt cloud emerges from the linens you just washed, well........GOD definitely answered that prayer.  We moved to another house last week.  Literally, there has been nothing and still is nothing available, but God worked a miracle.
All that said, if I had blogged, I think I would have been full of complaints and nothing uplifting or worthy of reading.  So, that about sums that up.  Better for you that I have been absent.  Really hoping to have the time to resurface into the Blog world again.  I do have a few more minutes a day now that I am not sweeping 5 times a day : ).
Several of you donated money to help purchase shoes for all the kids that come to church with us.  And my Mom was also able to find some major bargains for them all to have a few new clothes too. The kids were soooo happy for these new things.  I tried to catch some smiles (they don't smile when you tell them to look at the camera).  They loved it and had a good time.  My kids enjoyed making crafts and snacks for the little get together too.  All of the kids and parents too wanted everyone to know they said, "Thank You!!!"  I thought it would be better to show you : ).








I hope everyone is having a fabulous start to the new year.  We are praying for many great things to happen this year and look forward to sharing our trials of life with the ups and downs, the funnies...and a million pictures from the past 7 months to catch you up to date on life here in Costa Rica.  Until then....Pura Vida!



No comments :