Monday, January 28, 2013

Tarantula vs. David

I had forgotten about this evening (not sure how that is possible, I guess kind of like how you forget how painful childbirth is) until I was going through pictures on my computer.

While living in the other house we saw multiple of these hairy BIG spiders, along with many other not likeable species.  Anything could come into that house with all of its gaping openings throughout.  I just knew I would wake up one day with a snake in the kids' room.  So thankful that nightmare did not become a reality.

Logan was walking from his bedroom into the living room.  Not sure how he just noticed this thing 20+ feet in the air.  He pointed up at the ceiling asking what was that up there, "because that is not a gecko Daddy!

freak out time when I saw this puttering on our ceiling.

I herded all the kids into the bedroom, shut the door, put a towel to block the gap under the door.  We moved the kitchen table to make for a large open area.  The thing crawled up to the peak of the roof and nestled itself right up against the center beam.  We have no ladder and had no idea how we were going to exterminate the thing.  We just knew it was not staying alive in our house and sleeping with us.  

Daddy to the rescue!

His weapons of choice were a tennis ball for shooting and a broom for trapping.  Thankful he has a good arm that is all powerful and strong.  He nailed it.  I was prepared to make a run out the door if the thing start scurrying around the floor.  It dropped with a thud!!  Dead on impact with the tennis ball.

Dead is the only way!

Investigating its death.

Further and more in depth investigation of said spiders death.

VERDICT:  David battled the spider and won.  It was unanimous!!




No comments :