Sunday, November 4, 2012

"Justice to the Fatherless"

I could spend days, weeks, and months pleading for the orphan.  I could preach of all the verses that pertain to the poor, oppressed, widows, and orphans.  But I won't, I will simply share with you the four that stand out TO ME more than any of the others.  There are many more than four, but these are the ones that were seared to my heart and caused me to become broken for the orphan.


James 1:27
"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this:  to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."  

Isaiah 1:17
"Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause."  

Proverbs 31:8-9
"Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute.  Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy."



And even more than the three scriptures above that seared me with a brokenness was this...

Matthew 25:40-45
40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’



Something so simple brought sparkles in
his little eyes.

He will probably never remember me, but maybe that 
is one less day of lonliness that he will remember.

There are 163 million more pairs of these eyes that 
are begging you to pull them in.

Wow!  To ignore the fact that there are 163 million children without a mother or father, no one to love them, some with no one to feed them or clothe them, millions of people starving and naked in tattered rags, people sick with diseases that leave them in isolation, men and women imprisoned (some guilty of their charge and some innocent) who have never even heard of Jesus and what He did for them.  To think that I once lived my life in complete ignorance to the outside world around me, the world that so many never see or acknowledge that it exists.  How could I continue and ignore such things? Because by ignoring these things, I was ignoring Jesus.  Guys, he is everywhere.  Is your heart not broken?  Does it not break your heart to know that daily we ignore Jesus.  Daily!!!  We live in isolated worlds where days go by without acknowledging the dire NEEDS of others.  


People say, "I can't adopt."  You don't have to adopt.
Logan and Olivia can't adopt but they can
 be a voice for them.
 pray for them.
 love them.


You can become broken without adopting, before adopting, while adopting, and maybe it doesn't even happen for some until after they adopt.  But if we are not broken for "the least of these," then we are not living the path Jesus set before us.  We have to be broken.

Some may know what today is, it is any other day.  But some have come to know this day as a day to come together and be a HUGE voice TOGETHER for the ORPHAN.  It is ORPHAN SUNDAY and November is Orphan Awareness Month.  A month that Americans cherish as the month of Thanksgiving and family.  So, as you journey through this month and the blessings that are being poured on you and all around you, I beg you to please think about the ones who have no voice.  They have no one to turn to, no one to hear them.  It is simple, WE ARE THEIR VOICE.



My family is so blessed to have been able to be a part of the miracle of adoption.  And I say miracle, because it is just as miraculous as giving birth to your own child by blood.  God gives many miracles and adoption, I believe, is one of them.

CARSON THANH RABOIN
A woman who gave the gift of life and chose us to
be Carson's family.  I love you, Molly!  And we love 
Carson so much!!!

Proud Daddy

Big sister assessing her new brother.

I think she is quite smitten.

Big brother checking him out.

Nothing like holding your baby for the first time : )

Family of 5....one more to come ; )

And then God blessed us with another miracle.  Leia (Sin Xio) Liu Raboin our second little princess.  We waited, I can't say that it was patiently, to hold you in our arms.  And the day finally came....

Snuggled right up to Daddy

Nothing quite like this moment.


She's holding on to my shirt, and I'm not 
letting go either : )

She laid her head down and kept it that 
way for hours.

Loving with her big brother.

Everybody wants to play with me.

Oh, how he loves her and still adores her every whim.

Sweet Kisses X 2!

Such a WONDERFUL big sister.

MY RABOINS


1 comment :

Brittany said...

Hello!

I just want to say what a beautiful story the Lord has weaved together for you and your family looks just like HE intended. What a blessing!

My husband and I are actually beginning our first adoption (we already have 2 bios sons). We feel the Holy Spirit leading us to Taiwan. I can't explain it, I just know that is where my child is. It's a undeniable feeling. We have been researching and found "His Hands". I have tried to email them and request an application, but I haven't had any luck :( I found your blog and I just love your story. Hoping you could help/assist/show me what to do next or what process to take to possibly get in touch with His Hands;)

I'm so excited, nervous, scared and yet calm. He is giving me peace and I'm ready to begin our journey! ;)

Thanks so much for time and help!
Looking forward to hearing from you.


In Christ,

Brittany Richey

brittanyrichey122@Yahoo.com

www.blakeandbritt.blogspot.com