Sunday, August 5, 2012

God Made the Truth


How simple the mind of a child works, how truthful it is, and how basic it is.  We are told to be this way in Matthew 18:3-4 "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

God made the truth.
God is TRUTH. Hebrews 10:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever." He stands for the truth and what is righteous.  He doesn't waver.  He doesn't change.  He is a constant.  

God made me.
He made me in his image.  Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."  He made me and knows everything about us.

We have the Bible, His word, to guide us through this life.  Do we look?  Do we listen?  Do we LOVE it?  There are times in life when I think I have not looked and listened, and in turn didn't love it enough because I chose not to look and listen to what He says.  As I dig deeper, strive to listen harder, and love it more than ever, I realize that His ways are the only ways.  I must stand for His truth, what He says.  

It so humbling to see the mind of a child loving God, loving His word.  I must say it makes my heart swell to see my child express this love.  To be more like a child, more like Jesus...and less like me.

No comments :