Monday, August 8, 2011

Aggghhhhhh!!

Agggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!! That is the sound that is so familiar at our house right now.  Leia is revolting against David and I.  I broke all the others of their paci at a much earlier age.  Olivia was 13 months old, Logan about 15 months old, and Carson was about 12 months old (he really could have cared less). Leia really wasn't a paci baby until she started cutting like 8 teeth at the same time.  I know if I had broke her from it earlier it would have been much easier.  But, I felt so guilty because we went to Costa Rica in May and I didn't want to take it away from her right before we left her, then I went again in July and didn't want to start it then, then she had these really huge nasty molars breaking through., and so the saga has gone on.  I finally decided Friday night was the night we were going to start.  I cut the end off and told her it was broke.  She screamed for about an hour and has done so every night since.  She was not a happy camper in church yesterday afternoon, did not take an afternoon nap yesterday, and has just overall been very unhappy with me.  The other babies in this house just got it when I told them the paci was broke....well, she gets it and she is mad about it.  She shouts and screams at Liv from her bed at night pointing at the drawer where they have always been located.  Then she becomes really unhappy when nobody will give in to her screaming and sobbing theatrics (and yes, it is very theatrical).  This too shall pass, and soon I hope. 

No comments :