Monday, April 4, 2011

Sewing Daze

                     

I wish I were a very good seamstress.  Truth be told, I am not very good at it unless it is blankets, burp cloths...you know square items that I don't need a pattern for.  I can sew but I cannot for the life of me understand the pattern instructions.  They are in another language!!
All that being said, I know I will not improve if I do not practice.  So, I will pick it up again and try some little girls' dresses.  I have not sewn a dress since Olivia was 18months old.  I have made a few skirts and baby items but that is about it.  I am making Olivia and Leia's Easter dresses. 
I didn't feel like doing much today, but did get Leia's dress cut out.  Hers is the easy one because I didn't need to make any sizing adjustments.  Olivia's I will tackle next week.  These are supposed to be easy patterns.  My goal is to finish one this week and one next week, with one week to spare before Easter!! 
Maybe, I can become more accomplished in sewing and do this one day with my daughters...
                                 

Stay tuned for our Easter pictures, including 2 hand-made dresses.......

No comments :