Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fork Stabbing Pro

You would think she has been doing this for months, when in fact today was her first try at using a fork.  She rocked!!!  I will have to say that she only ate the last few bites using her hands...it took her a little longer than normal.




She sure is proud of herself...and she cheeses it up when she sees the camera.  You can tell we don't take any pictures of her or anything.

A typical morning of eating breakfast together...Logan was actually gone to DaySchool this morning, so he ate before everyone else and was already at school.



I have to make sure that the TV doesn't stay on because Carson and Leia love to watch TV (well, so do the other two but not like Leia and Carson).  They are allowed to watch 2 shows in the morning.  This morning Leia snuggled up on the couch with her baby doll and Logan's blankie while Olivia and I were doing school and Carson was playing.  I am surprised she stayed in the living room by herself, but she was perfectly content.



We are so ready for Spring.  It has visited us a few times and then left us cold with drafty wet days.  The teasing makes us want it so much more.  Today was beyond beautiful and the weekend is supposed to be just the same.  The kids played outside from the time they got up from their nap to dinner time, and they were back out as soon as they finished eating and were excused from the table.  What an incentive it was for them to eat everything on their plate and not take two hours to do so.  They finished up their evening eating homemade chocolate chip cookies that they helped make this afternoon.  Their afternoon snack was huge spoonfuls of cookie dough.  I know, I know, I shouldn't let them eat it with the raw eggs.  I have done it my entire life and have never gotten sick; I hate to deprive them of such a delicacy.  It is such mouthwatering goodness.





And Leia says- I ate my cookie all up and thought I needed some more.  But Mommy and Daddy thought otherwise.  They also thought I needed to stay inside while everyone else went outside and got to eat more than one cookie.  Oh well...I got to play without anyone taking anything from me and had Mommy and Daddy all to myself.  Then I got to splish splash in the bath with sissy.  Night, Night!

No comments :