Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spiderman Invades X 2

I love the weekends because my hubby is home!!!  Daddy is home!!!  And things always go so much smoother with Daddy around.  This morning when I got up, I decided Olivia and I would take a couple hours and have some fun hitting some yard sales.  We found some clothes for Logan and Leia.  We didn't find any treasures for Olivia, and she was super disappointed about this.  Superheros seemed to be the "one man's trash, 2 little boys' treasure" today.  We came across three yard sales selling super hero costumes.  Olivia and I thought the boys could use these since they love to play dress up with her and all we have are Princess dresses....that makes for some pretty funny dress up time.  Olivia just knew they would be ecstatic and boy were they.  I could hardly put my purse down before they were begging to try them on.
Who's Who??






We had a wonderful Saturday, and it was so much more enjoyable because all my chores were done.  My wonderful hubby helped mop yesterday afternoon while I finished cleaning the bathrooms, and Olivia and Logan helped do all the other cleaning yesterday morning.  I can say, until tonight, all of the laundry was washed, dried, folded, and hung.....there was nothing in the baskets!!!!!!  Well, you know how that goes, both the dark and white basket are almost full again...and the cycle begins again. 
It was so beautiful outside and warm too.  Olivia and I broke a sweat this morning while out and about the town.  The caterpillars are out, and there will soon be butterflies abound.  The kids sat in awe on the driveway watching one lonely caterpillar make his trek across the pavement. 
I gave four people haircuts today.  I was rewarded with a Sonic drink after that.  I mean after the money we saved on all the haircuts I was able to justify to my husband that by paying me with a Sonic drink he still saved a lot of money.  He laughed, but still treated us all to Happy Hour!!! 








So, I am almost finished with Leia's Easter Dress.  The only thing I have left is the zipper and hemming it.  It turned out super cute.  While I should be working on them this evening I think I will take a break and watch a movie with my hubby...yes, that sounds much better than sitting at the sewing machine.  I am sure I will pay for this one night this week when I am frantically trying to finish Olivia's at the last minute (because we need them for this next weekend for pictures with my family in Clarksville).

One last thing, please head on over here, a dear friend from Jr High School's blog, and check out this chic apron giveaway.  Calley and I were good friends in Jr. High and then she moved back to Louisiana and we lost touch.  Funny thing, almost two years ago she was in Little Rock visiting her mother and ran into my mom in Chic Fil A.  She recognized my mom and they called me from the restaurant and we chatted.  We exchanged numbers, emails, etc and have kept up with each other since then.  Her and her husband felt God calling them to adopt during that time but had not started the process.  Well, they began the paperchase one year ago and have sent their dossier to Peru.  They are currently awaiting a referral for their little girl from Peru.  God Bless you Calley and Danny.  She will be one blessed little girl, and, I speak from experience, you will be more blessed for having her in your life. 
                                    
Danny and Calley
(they have 3 little boys too)

Chic Apron Calley is Giving Away
                         

2 comments :

Calley said...

Thanks so much Kalina! Following your adoption journey and life has been an inspiration to ME. Thank you for that. I hope to come to LR soon and would love to get together! <3

Unknown said...

Let me know dates as soon as you know and we will make it a date for sure. Is your hubby coming? You guys could all come over for dinner and the kids could play.