Thursday, November 4, 2010

A New Tradition

So, this year we have decided to gift differently for Christmas. What small things we are purchasing are all from people raising money for orphans or people raising money for their adoptions. I have found some really neat things. I know Brittany and I have had a lot of fun searching for these personalized things. And what better gift to receive and know that it also helped someone else. It helped and orphan. Maybe it supplied a child with food or maybe it was the last $ needed for a family to complete their adoption and bring their chosen child home. Awesome! I wish we had started this tradition sooner. I would post the links I have shopped from but then my family would know their gifts. You can go through my blog list and look at links for other adoptive families, search orphan fundraiser, etc, and you will find an endless amount of goods to purchase that will help an orphan.

3 comments :

Kate said...

WONDERFUL! What an awesome tradition to start! What an example for your children!!

Amy D said...

That is awesome! We've been trying to come up with something like that! I'll have to do some research!

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a beautiful gift to Jesus as well in celebrating His birthday.
Your family is breathtaking.... God is oh, so good!