Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yummy Smiles

"Please Mommy, Please Mommy!" "Peazze Mommy, Peazze Mommy!" "Oh, Momma, I am going to want more. Don't cook it all." These are the frantic cries I hear from my children when I am mixing cookie dough. And I am a softie for the cry of a child wanting to savor the deliciousness of homemade cookie dough. My mom always gave us a spoonful, and my Granny would always give us a bowl with like 1/3 cup of dough. I am in between, not too much, but we don't scrimp either. But you have to save enough room for the warm ones out of the oven.




A funny tale on the side: (Sorry Justin, but it was too funny not to share)
So, we were at Justin and Brittany's a couple weeks ago. I was sitting in the house in the living room snuggling with Kaden. I caught a glimpse of something very bright flash before my eyes from the french door in the kitchen. I jerked my head up to look out the window and all I could see were flames. I jumped up thinking, "Oh my, we have a grass fire. Everything is so dry. It is going to spread like a wildfire." I get to the door to see my brother watching this massive fire that HE started. I ran and got Brittany and told her that I was pretty sure most of the state was under a burn ban and she better check really fast, because if someone turns him in they will receive a massive fine. Not to mention that everything is so dry when you walk the grass crunches. One wrong turn of the wind and it's out of control. She checked, and sure enough, Burn ban in place. We went outside and informed him of that little fact, he gives us his half-cocked smile and says, "Oops." Brittany called the fire department to let them know what happened, and they graciously said, "Put it out now." Then Justin informs us, "I don't have a hose long enough to reach."
Solution= David and Justin carrying buckets and trash cans of water to the brush pile at 3:00 in the afternoon, the hottest part of the day with added heat from a fire.

1 comment :

jnlraboin said...

that was a pretty large fire for no hose close enough to use, lol. Looks like Carson has a new boo-boo on his nose today?? His head is going to be one massive scar.