Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Let the School Bell Ring























































































































This will be an adventure for me. Olivia started her homeschool curriculum yesterday. I had to work yesterday, so I sent her work and the lesson plans to Mammaw's house for Day 1. I was surprised at how well today went. We had a really good morning with Carson and Logan both participating as well. Carson does lots of coloring until he is bored then he plays with the toys that we have in the schoolroom. Leia is somewhat of a distraction, as she crawls up under desks and tickles little feet. But, overall she was good this morning. We are using the Alpha Omega Horizons curriculum and then I have added more things to go along with it, so that she gets to do some of the same activities that they do in public school. We did school for a couple hours then they went outside for recess. While they were playing on their playground I was able to complete a small project to sale. Soon they were back in and we did about another hour of school work. By this time Carson was done and went upstairs to play by himself. Logan hung in there for the long haul. Nana came and we breaked for lunch. After lunch the younger three napped while Nana did reading and phonics with Olivia. They worked for about an hour an half. Then off we went to get groceries...the worst part of the day. I despise doing this with children; and an even bigger nightmare if you do coupons and take 4 children with you. It takes forever. But, at least we now have food for tomorrow and milk to drink. Yay!
We have a busy rest of the week ahead. Between school, working Thursday, getting clothes ready to take to Rhea Lana's next week, and Lisa and Aaron coming this weekend, we will be super busy. I love summer, but I am ready for the slowness that fall brings. I love warm enough temps to still wear flip flops but cool enough for jeans and long sleeves or a t-shirt....ahh, that sounds refreshing. I think I will dream about this tonight.

No comments :