Thursday, August 26, 2010

Every Child

Every child should have a father and mother.
Every child should have food to fill their tummies.
Every child should live, laugh, love, and be loved.
Every child should have the knowledge of the Gospel and the opportunity to obey The Word.
Every child should have clean drinking water.
Every child should have someone to hold them when they cry.
Every child should not live in fear all day everyday.
My Family enjoying an Arkansas sunset.
Princess Leia, one less orphan, loving and laughing.
Our children enjoying PLAYING in the WATER, that so many around the world are dying to drink.

I could go on and on. I think of these things daily. My heart breaks for all the children in the world that will never know anything but the opposite to what I have listed above. I cry thinking about how today, 30,000 children will have died before the strike of midnight as I lay in my bed. These children have walked all day by themselves to find contaminated drinking water for their families. They will haul this water; water that harbors all kinds of diseases, feces, and so many other unthinkable contaminates. They do not get to enjoy the day with family. So many will never see their 5th birthday because they drink this water and have no food. What can you do to help?
This child will drink this water.
They have no choice. This is their life they know.
James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I believe that the words of this song is what so many children around the world cry out in their hearts daily. They have no voice. WE are their VOICE.

3 comments :

Leslie Kirk said...

Tears! This just breaks my heart. I hope some day there are 40+ million less orphans...

Vickie said...

I was thinking along the same lines when my grandsons were playing in the little pool and how I would just be dumping out that much water...not much goes unnoticed anymore.
btw, WHERE were you in those beautiful photos? looks like a nice spot to go.

Unknown said...

Vickie- we were at Horsehead Lake in Clarksville.