Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whobody

On the way to church tonight the kids were asking for gum. I told them they would just have to wait til they got to church. Because every time I give them gum before church, they want to spit it out as soon as they get there so they can get Mammaw's gum. I don't know what it is about Mammaw's gum, but they seem to think it is the best. Maybe it's more flavorful?? David told me that he though they didn't need to be getting gum anymore for a while, this conversation happens often, because "someone" has been spitting their gum out on the driveway. I suggested maybe he tell them that they need not do that anymore and if it happens again then gum strike begins. He agreed and explained to the kids about spitting their gum in trashcans only. Olivia repeatedly said she didn't do it and wondered who would do that. Logan proceeds to say, "Whobody would do that. I didn't do it. I wonder whobody. Hmmmm....I think Mammaw has been spitting her gum in the driveway. I think that is whobody did it." So, Logan has spoken accusations of Mammaw littering our driveway with gum. In Logan's little mind, she is the "Whobody" that did that. We thought that was hilarious. So, Mammaw you will have to plead your case with Logan. We tried to convince him it was himself or Olivia, but he was pretty sure it might be you.
Carson has been a terrible sleeper the past nine months. Last night we moved Logan to Olivia's room temporarily. Goal is for Carson to cry himself back to sleep at night and not get out of his bed. We had been unable to allow him to continuously scream in his room because it would awake Logan. Last night went okay with only one waking screaming episode. Logan is a very ritualistic person. He loves his bed, but he was actually excited about sleeping with Olivia. I asked Olivia this morning how last night went and she said, "It was like a bunkin party. We whispered til we fell asleep." I told her, "That was very good of you to be quiet. What were you whispering about?" Olivia replied, "Oh, just about ponies and horses. We were just talking." I think the "bunkin" party did them good. They woke up this morning and played in her room til 9 very quietly. I walked down the hall to check on them and they were in there just playing and whispering together. That is rare. Logan is usually being a "boy." They played well together all day and have been very loving.

No comments :