Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hopes for April are Gone





I had very high hopes that we would be traveling in April to get our baby girl. Those dreams have vanished. I received an email early Monday morning from His Hands stating they would be taking Leia to the hospital for her adoption physical. I was really excited and thought this meant something was about to happen. I chatted with Holly, one of the ladies this morning, and she said that they have to have the physicals on the babies before they can apply for their AIT appointment(basically and exit interview to leave the country with your baby. I thought, well, ok. Then she told me it takes 10 days for the physicals to be processed. So, if they went yesterday, which I don't know if they did or not, we are looking at not next week but the next before they could even apply for an AIT appointment, and those are usually 2 weeks out from when applied. So, at earliest, we might get to travel mid May. I am thinking that is probably a stretch. If I understood everything correctly, if our decrees were to come tonight we would still be waiting longer because we don't have a completed physical. TEARS!!! LOTS of TEARS today!! This bit of info has saddened me greatly. There is nothing I can do from here. David and I are both so ready to travel. We feel like we have been in this process forever. We have been in the middle of adoption proceedings for 3 years now. We just want our baby girl home. Our papers are sitting in a court office on a desk on the other side of the world. Please pray for some miracles that things will happen quickly so Leia can be with her forever family that is aching so much for her.
I received an update this morning about Leia. She now weighs 15lbs and eats 4oz every 3-4 hours...WOW. My others barely weighed 18lbs at a year old. She is quite the little chunk. They say she is such a cuddle bug and is very content to be held all the time. Sometimes she will fuss just so someone will cuddle her. They tell me she is very laid back and a happy baby.
I worked on getting some things together today for when we do travel to Taiwan. Please continue to pray for our adoption and the financial end as well. I am trying to find a time to have a yard sale, we have had several items donated for the sale, but can't seem to find a weekend to get it done. Someone has something planned every single weekend that we are to be a part of. We may just have to do it and not worry about the rest because an empty checking account will not pay for all that we have left. We were praying that Leia's stay would be shorter, in hopes of decreasing the overall cost. So, these are my woes for today. I know that with God all things are possible. I have faith that he will see this through to the end.

No comments :