Thursday, March 11, 2010

Some News From Taiwan

Our court hearing was last Thursday night. I had heard from Trena a couple hours before the hearing and didn't expect to hear from them til the weekend was over because they had soccer tournaments for their children. David has been nagging me, yes nagging me, to email them ever since Saturday to see how everything went. I kept telling him I wasn't going to bother them. Well, I finally caved last night and emailed them. Come to find out, they sent me an email Sunday after they had completely forgotten to send one Friday. But, for some reason, it did not come through. So, we had an email waiting for us this morning.
Not a whole lot of news. They said everything went really well in court. The birth mother and her grandmother were both there. The jugde ordered for birthmom's homestudy to be done Friday afternoon after the court hearing. We are all really happy about that. Holly and Trena accompanied Mickey, Leia's birth mom, to the Catholic Social Work office for her homestudy. I believe the homestudies for the birthmother are simply to ensure and ease everyone's minds, judge inlcuding, that she knows exactly what she is doing by placing her child for international adoption. Holly and Trena think the Catholic Social Welfare Service was the "best organization we have worked with so far." Maybe this means they are efficient too. The social worker was to go to Mickey's grandmother's house Monday afternoon to speak with her. Mickey is 18; in Taiwan you have to be 21 before you are the sole legal guardian of your child. His Hands has to have a homestudy completed as well, but they believe this was done as well when they accompanied Mickey on Friday and were able to speak to the social worker as well.
As of right now, we could be traveling anywhere from 4 weeks away to 4 months away. We are waiting for the homestudy reports to be written up, sent back to the judge, and the judge sign off for the final decree granting her our child by law. Please, Please pray that the wait is 4 weeks. Leia is 3 months old today.

Note of My Other Children
As most of you know I work 2 nights a week. In case any are wondering, it is a horrendous schedule, and I loathe it. No one can even comprehend how it is to work nights, unless you have done so before. It is horrible in so many ways. It is not natural. I am up for 30hours straight 2 times a week and then will nap for about 4 hours and get up so that I can somewhat stay on a day schedule on my days off. I feel horrible all the time. Anyways reason for the above explanation....I try to sleep as long as I can in the mornings. I know people think I am lazy for not starting my day til 9 or 10 in the morning, but I am in survival mode. I get up around 7:00 usually and fix the kids their breakfast, give them orders to stay out of the kitchen, eat in the dining room not the living room, no running and screaming, be nice, and watch your movie or pay quietly, and Carson is put in bed with me because no way do I trust him. Olivia has always been so good to not get into anything and would not bother me unless she needed something. Well, I cannot say the same about Logan. If he is not supposed to do it, then it has been done. Yesterday I awoke to a kool-aid packet dumped all over my kitchen floor, and yes it was cherry. Grape koolaid was dumped in my kitchen sink. This morning there was a strawberry fruit dip gourmet packet split open and dumped in my pantry. It is nothing to find all kinds of wrappers for granola bars, candy, yougurt, american cheese, string cheese, grape vines, and other odd items all over my living room. He knows everyday that he is going to be in trouble. He is constantly busting through the door in my room to tell me Olivia has done something, which is usually in self defense on her part. He turns the dvd player on and off which he knows he is not to do as well. I don't know what else I am going to do. If I get up when they do then I lose my catnaps that I get in between kids running through my room to tattle. And , lately the boys have not been napping, until 2 hours after they have been put down. I pray for the day when I can be a normal mom and awake at 6:00 in the morning everyday, because I am on a normal schedule.
One of these days I will have a normal schedule and I am so looking forward to it; one cannot imagine how I long for that day. The plan is in place, and I see light at the end of my tunnel. Hope you do too!

No comments :