Saturday, February 20, 2010

Funny

I was shocked to see these photos of Leia on the computer yesterday. I had resigned myself to know updates or anything with Chinese New Year in full swing, the babies with foster families this week, and Jenna being gone back to Canada. David and I were thrilled to see these photos of Leia. Trena said that Leia's birth mom came to celebrate a day with them. She seems to be doing very well with her job and new home in Taipei. Please pray for her as she does not want anything to do with hearing and accepting the Gospel. She has told them the Bible is boring. Please pray that she will see and accept the truth for what it really and truly is. Trena said she held Leia for about 10-15 minutes and acted as though she were a cousin or an older sister and is not wavering with her decision at all and seems to be at peace with her decision and is moving on. That is a blessing for her to be able to begin the process of moving forward in her life. Please pray that the courts will assign us and the Brodine family court dates very soon that are not too far out in the future. Our babies are growing so fast without us. Also, please pray that we will be assigned a judge that will process things in lightning speed. Logan says, "It is taking too way long for Leia to come home," and indeed it is.




So, Wednesday night we were on our way to church when Olivia asked us if Leia was going to have a strawberry on her head. For those who don't know, Olivia was born with a Hemangioma on the top of her head. The doctors said it would go away, but it hasn't. She now has hair that covers it, but she knows it is there. We told her that Leia didn't have any strawberries that we know of. A few quiet seconds passed and Logan, very matter of factly, chimed in that you can't put strawberries on people's heads. "We don't wear strawberries on our heads." We told him that she didn't have a strawberry on her head and tried to explain it, but he insisted that we were just silly.
Thursday Logan was taking a nap with me and we were getting ready to go to sleep when I asked him if he was still my "Little Bird Man." We have always called him "Little Bird Man" because he has a long skinny neck and was like a little bird when he was born. He laughed at me and told me he wasn't a bird, and then said very seriously, "But I am a man.....but I can't work." I laughed so hard I was almost crying. He proceeded to tell me that I needed to call Daddy and tell him how funny and silly he was.
Logan and Olivia went with my mom and dad to Clarksville last night and got back tonight. They had so much fun. Logan was a bit cranky and teary-eyed after they got home. He was so tired. He went to bed at 11:30 last night and got up at 7:30. he is normally in bed by 7:30 or 8:00, so he was beyond exhausted. Mom had to wake both of them from their nap so they could eat dinner and get on the road. Carson enjoyed being the only child while they were gone. And he ate it up too. He had our undivided attention. He starting to talk a bit more, not very understandable, but at least he is being verbal. I can't believe he will soon be 2. I know the nonstop talking started when Logan turned 2, so maybe we will be having funny conversations just around the corner.

No comments :