Saturday, February 9, 2013

Navidad en Costa Rica

I know, it is a month an a half past Christmas but thought I would share anyways.  Christmas was definitely different here.  There was no music playing in the stores, no lights on every street corner, no wraths hanging in the town square, no cold air, no carols ringing in the air, and none of a whole bunch of other things.  But, we did see Christmas trees on front porches beginning November 1st...and we have still seen a few still sitting out.  The kids actually asked the other day why these people were still having Christmas.  No different than the Christmas lights that people leave up until July or just leave til the next Christmas : ).  But there were sights that made me smile, because it was things I don't think I have seen since I was a child.

This was a very common scene by the middle
of November.  Trees strapped to cars
everywhere you turned.  Definitely made me
SMILE!

I don't think the Christmas decor sold here
could even be found in the US anymore, 
unless it is someone's attic.  It was quite funny.  
Not bad, just things I have not seen in a 
really long time. 

The first time we saw a public display of Christmas lights.

It was actually cool the afternoon we took this drive/
I got to wear a jacket...which made me really happy.
I just  needed some apple cider.

Not complete with Christmas sweets.

A little cheer in the house.  My mom managed to pack 
some of my Christmas things into two shoe boxes.

Opening gifts with Papa and Nana.

He was super excited about his can of cashews.
That same can here is $17.

Do you see the resemblance?

We got a couple super heroes for 
Christmas...well, they got some too.

Batman opening his toys.

All his goodies packed into a shoebox.  Gotta pack
it tight when you flying to another country.

She was just a little happy about her blackout mask.
Their room at this house had an entire wall of windows 
from floor to ceiling with no curtains.  Made for some
early morning risings.

Happy Boy!

New friends we met while on our Visa Run to Panama.

Christmas Eve Halo around the Moon

Christmas morning in two continents
(I prefer to do this together in person next year.
Praying that will be a possibility).

Carson Christmas morning at home.

Logan is in serious concentration.

Olivia now knows the time.

She was very meticulous with her package.

Together!


No comments :