Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day

Dearest Carson, I do not think we would have had the laughs and giggles that we have had the past 3 years if you had not been a part of our lives.  You are the giggliest little boy.  You have a chuckle so deep that you can cause anyone to laugh with you.  You are such an amazing little boy, all on your own when you want to be, and other times you are a parrot of your siblings : )
Three years ago I sat in a delivery room with your birth mother and was the recipient of one of the most precious gifts in my life.  I watched as she held you first and the love in her eyes will never leave my mind.  I watched the tears pour down her face as she kissed you, held you, and then handed you to me.  I know she is remembering your birthday today, too.  She loves you so much.  She gave me one of the best gifts in my life.  We all cried bittersweet tears, tears of happiness that you were now ours, and tears of sadness for her heartache.  I feel a tightness in my chest and throat every time I think of her.  She did an amazing thing by choosing to give life to you.  Oh, she loves you so much.
You are such a loving little boy.  You constantly tell me throughout the day that you love me and squeeze my leg.  I hope you do that forever.  It melts my heart.  And you are such a stinker and say it when you are in so much trouble.  You have grown so much in the past year.  We have had major milestones.  You have been potty-trained since last Spring and you never ever wet the bed at night...I didn't think that was possible for a 2-3 year old.  You love to be tickled and wrestle on the floor with Daddy.  You are like me and are not much of an ice cream person, unlike the rest of this family.  And you love some salsa just like your mama.  We are trying to teach you to be your own person, because you can be a parrot and that gets you in trouble sometimes when you have parroted something naughty that your siblings have done.  I will have to say that you are still quite the messy eater, but are gradually getting better.  You love cookies and milk and will eat any kind of fruit.  I think you would eat just about anything but you seem to think you need to eat what your big brother is eating, and his diet is limiting (per his choice).  You love to play with animals and anything that has wheels on it.  But, all toys that have wheels end up losing wheels...you are a mechanic who takes things apart never to get them back together.
Our singing service at church is so much more beautiful when I hear your sweet voice give it all that you have got.  And you try so hard to pray like your brother and sister, but we still have a hard time understanding what all you are telling God, but He knows.
I love that you still climb up in my lap and sunggle like a baby.  You love to snuggle.  But, I must say you are quite the grouch when you wake from a nap.  
You have given us an amazing three years and I pray God blesses me with many more years of your love and laughter.  You give your love so freely.  I love you sweet boy.  You are one of my four treasures that are embedded into the deep corners of my heart.  I love you.



1 comment :

~Kristin~ said...

So sweet. Love the last picture!