Friday, April 25, 2014

I Say "Healthier"

If you know me really well, you know I love to bake, create in the kitchen...and it usually has to do with sweets.  I mean I will cook anything and enjoy cooking everything, but desserts, breads, pastries, cookies...now that is where the fun is.  I try to be healthy, I really do.  I am better at controlling portions than controlling the what the contents are that I put in my mouth.  I go in cycles of trying to cook healthy...well, maybe that isn't completely accurate, it "healthier" than what I would normally eat.  But, hey, I am trying.
A group of girls, whom I went to school with, and I started a little support group to help keep ourselves motivated and share our ups and downs of just being healthy.  They all keep it real.  And real is how I can live.  To me real life is trying.  I try to be a healthier person but I still live, meaning I want to eat yummy food and carrot sticks do not count.
This muffin recipe has always been my "go to" muffin mix for all of my muffins.  It was loaded with a ton of sugar and lots of shortening.  A couple of months ago I decided to see if I could make it a little bit healthier without compromising the wonderful taste and perfect muffin texture.  And SUCCESS!!!
Some would still say it isn't healthy, but I say it is a whole lot healthier than what I was making before.  For me, this is healthy.  Actually this modified recipe is better than the original.

{Click on the image below to enlarge}
Go enjoy some "healthier" muffins!

No comments :