Sunday, April 7, 2013

Home Again

And yet I disappeared again.  I tell you time is something that I just do not have in excess these days.  After I am done schooling 3 kids and keeping a 3 year old entertained, I am fried at the end of the day...and the laundry doesn't hang and fold itself {where is the laundry fairy when you need her?}.

All of you who follow me I think know that we visited the states back in February and March.  The kids and I ended up leaving a week earlier that we had previously planned to help Brittany {my sister in law} with the kiddos while she got some much needed rest from being so sick.  So, that left me away from my hubby for 26 days.  Let's just say that my mental state was deteriorating greatly by day 10 from withdrawals....oh, how I love him so.  Let me just say he is most definitely my other half, and I am not complete without him {as it should be}.

The trip was great.  Lots of time with friends and family, although never enough.  I had lots to do on the agenda.  Lots of shoes to buy, clothes for David and I, and the list of "unfindables" here in Costa Rica.  The kids had a blast and were so happy to see everyone and relax without school for 6 weeks {I think I was more excited about the break than they were.  And they were elated}.  We had lots of Chick Fil A runs, Larry's Pizza, Whole Hog, and Mexican food {the really spicy, get a kick kind}.  I managed to even survive the trip into the land of endless food by losing a few pounds...SHOCK!  I think the trick was I stopped drinking sodas, diet and regular, all together.  That was wonderful, then we flew, landed in 90 degree weather, and well, my body is still adjusting back to the heat and is holding onto 5 pounds of water.  The kind of water that makes my toes look like sausage links.  You know I am not exaggerating when your husband says to you, "You know I think I am bloated and retaining fluid too."  Yeah, I laughed really loud and hard at that one.  You don't expect to hear those words out of a man's mouth.  But it is true.

While back in the states, David and I took advantage of sitters and sent a couple days in Little Rock with no kiddos.  Wonderful and too terribly short, especially since we had lots of shopping to get done. Takes a really long time to shop for shoes for 6 people...especially when you refuse to pay full price and have to go to tons of stores to find clearance in everyone's size.  Bingo though, I find some great deals.

And someone celebrated their 5th birthday while we were there.  Complete with the standard homemade breakfast donuts, Wendy's {his lunch choice} and turkey legs.  I think he enjoyed himself.  All the kids came home with all kinds of loot.  Their backpacks were full.  They had saved their birthday money and went toy shopping while we were there.








Lots of people kept saying to me that it would be hard for me to return back to Costa Rica and that we wouldn't want to come back.  All wrong.  While we thoroughly enjoyed our time back to our first home {and will always call it home}, we came back to our new home.  While saying goodbye to family and friends will never be easy, returning "home" was easier this time.  It was much easier this time knowing that we had a "home" waiting for us, people who were waiting for our return, and a life that is now our home.  While the conveniences of the states was very enjoyable, it was nice to get back to the "Pura Vida" lifestyle that is less chaotic.  While life with 4 kids is always chaotic, we are less chaotic here.  Life is laid back and structure and agendas are never followed.  You get used to this, and I can say that David and I were missing tranquility that life here and the journey we are on has brought us.  We love it!

I will try my best to keep this more up to date and bring you into the life here in Costa Rica.  

We returned home to the van starting sometimes and sometimes not.  Thankfully it went to the shop for a few days and after fixing multiple things {I think we have just about rebuilt it since we bought it.  All that is left is transmission and engine I do believe....} it is in working order.  Jorge, brother from church, informed us Thursday afternoon that he received a letter from his employer stating that he was going to be laid off.  He was lowest on seniority and they let 2 shifts go because of budget and decreased work load at this time of year.  David is planning to take him Tuesday to look for more work.  Please remember him and your family in your prayers as he begins the job hunt again.  He was previously not working for 6 months of the past year due to a knee injury and necessary surgery.  When he returned back to his job he was no longer in the same position that he had left and the job become very hard on him.  He then looked for another job, received one, and was only there a few months, and then received this letter this week.  This is a huge burden for him to find a job.  He needs our prayers for peace and God's plan during this time.  

All that said, we are home again!  And it feels like home more and more everyday {helps that I brought a few things that I kept from the attic for my walls and mom made me some curtains}.

No comments :