Friday, December 9, 2011

Define Necessity



We are privileged, we are blessed, we are selfish, and we are spoiled.  I have heard so many people say this season, "I want my child to have this...Don't you think you need to buy more for them...I am going broke buying Christmas."  All of these things said are a choice.  You have a choice.  You can go broke, max out your credit cards, give your children things that they do not NEED and that you WANT them to have, or you can choose to show your child what it truly is to give.  There is no better way than by example. I am not saying it is a bad thing to buy people gifts; I love giving people gifts.  But do we really need to spend an insane amount of money on tons of things we don't need while there are humans wasting away because they have no food, while orphans sit in an orphanage with no shoes on their feet and no water.  Is it really necessary for us to HAVE all these THINGS???  No, but is a necessity to KNOW and OBEY the Gospel.  I challenge you to use this season as an opportunity to tell others about Jesus, not just his birth but of his death and sacrifice he gave for you and me.  He is the reason for the season, so tell everyone you know the whole story of Jesus, not just his birth.  Show the greatest gift of all.

1 comment :

~Kristin~ said...

Kalina~
I don't know if adoption will be in our future....
But, I do know if you could send me a link to any trustworthy organizations or groups. I would love to offer some sort of financial support in some way for these children or potential parents.
Much love to you.
Merry Christmas~
And If I was near Benton....I would come.
XO
Kristin